- 500 grams pork kasim, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsps. coarse salt
- 6 tbsps. white sugar
- 3 tbsps. achuete seeds dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water, strained.
- 1/4 cup oil
1. Combine sliced pork with salt, white sugar and strained achuete water. Mix using your hands to incorporate marinade into the meat.
2. Marinate for 24 hours to allow flavors to fully coat the tocino mix.
3. Heat oil in a skillet.
4. Lay down the tocino strips in the skillet and cook until pork changes color.
5. Rub the tocino into the skillet to caramelize it, moving the pan regularly to prevent the tocino from burning, about 5 minutes. Tocino is cooked when the marinade starts to coat each pork strip and it starts to brown.
6. Serve with a dipping sauce of vinegar.
(Recipe Source: TIMPLA Cookbook)