- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 TBS vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder , baking soda, and salt.
Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and continue beating until fluffy.
- Beat in the peanut butter, the egg, and the vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until well incorporated. Peanut butter cookie dough will be a bit crumbly.
Roll the dough in your hands into 2-inch balls.
- Place the dough balls on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart, and flatten them gently with a fork, making a crisscross design.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
Makes one dozen.
What's your reaction?